Privacy and Data
- Where is my data stored?Your data is stored in a single database on a secure server. Only one person has access to this database.
- Is data backed up?Yes backups are performed a few times a day. These backups are stored encrypted in a separate location. Between the main database and these encrypted backups, your data does not exist anywhere else.
- What data is stored about me?Your username and email address, the date you signed up, the date that you last logged in, and your preferences.
- Who has access to my data other than me?Pontefract currently consists of a single individual, and only I can access the database. Your data is not, and will never be, shared with or sold to another individual or organisation.
- How do I remove my data from your database?You can delete your data at any time by deleting your account. This will remove all traces of you and your data from the database.
- And what about the backups?By default, deleting your account will not remove your data from past backups. However this is perfectly possible technically, so if you want to have all traces of your presence on Pontefract removed from even the backups, get in touch and this will be done.
- What happens if there is a data breach?In the unlikely event that your data is compromised in any way, you will be notified at the earliest possible time.
- Beta SoftwarePontefract is still a baby, and there may be bugs. Please bear this in mind and remember that Pontefract can accept no liability for lost data. By using this software you have to be ok with that.
- Future ChargesOne day pontefract may have premium accounts that require payments. Features which are free today may one be part of those premium options only. You also need to be ok with this.
- FixesIf you do encounter a bug, I will try to provide a fix as soon as possible, but no guarantee of this is made, and using these services confers upon the user no inherent right to have their issue resolved in a given time frame.
- IllegalityDon't use Pontefract to do illegal stuff.